Artist News | May 2018
CORE ARTIST NEWS
- Carr has work in Displacement and Attachment: New Work by Kathline Carr and Jan Conn at Share Coffee Roasters, 17 Kellogg Avenue, Amherst MA. The exhibition runs from May 3-31.
- Clinton has work in the Massachusetts College of Art and Design Spring Sale, May 6-12, 10am-7pm, Tower Building Lobby, 621 Huntington Ave., Boston. Proceeds support student scholarships.
- Craig has work in "Secret Gardens" at Nave Gallery, 155 Powderhouse Blvd., Somerville, MA . The exhibition runs May 4 - June 17, 2018 with a reception Saturday, May 19 from 3:00-5:00 pm.
- Driscoll will have an Open Studio at Norwood Space Center in conjunction with other Artweek festivities. Her door will be open from 10am to 4pm, Saturday May 5 along with artists Duncan Reid, Stephanie Silvi, Dennis Stein, Gillian Jackson and others. Open Studios are in Building 6, 83 Morse Street, Norwood, MA.
- Driscoll also has work at SheBreathes Balance & Wellness Studio during the month of May 2018. An Artist Reception will be held Tuesday, May 8 from 6:00 to 7:30 pm. The Studio is at 85 West St., 2nd Floor, Walpole MA.
- Flis has graphite and gouache drawings in "Three Draw" at Gallery 175, 175 Main Street, Pawtucket RI. The exhibition runs from May 6 to June 29, 2018. Drawing is often a tool used by artists to sketch or explore ideas that lead to finished works of art in another medium. But the drawings of Mary Dondero, Tatiana Flis, and Kendra Ferreira are developed as finished works of art that stand on their own. Joan Hausrath, who curated the exhibit, selected the trio of artists based on their unique ways of working both technically and thematically.
- Hartung has work in Biomorphic Alchemy, a two-person show at Maynard ArtSpace, 63 Summer Street, Maynard, MA. The exhibition runs April 11 - May 18.
- Loomis is exhibiting one of her latest oil paintings in the Annual Art Exhibit at the Beaman Memorial Library in West Boylston, MA. The exhibit will run from May 15-25, with an opening reception on May 25 at 6:30 pm.
- Moskowitz has work in the 2018 National Prize Show at the Cambridge Art Association in Cambridge, MA. The exhibition runs from May 17 until June 23, with an opening reception on Wednesday, May 16, 6-8pm.
- Osterman has work in Maude Morgan Arts Group Show at the Freepoint Hotel, 220 Alewife Brook Pky, Cambridge, MA. The exhibition runs April 5 - June 30.
- Rodriguez has work in Electric Women, an online resource and gallery featuring women of color working at the intersection of art, technology, science and social practice. Electric Women launched on May 1, 2018.
- Rodriguez will speak in a lecture series on art and technology titled "Art & Tech//Show & Tell Series: Allison Maria Rodriguez + Catherine Siller – Video Projection & Performance" at Cambridge Community Television on May 1, 2018 from 6-8pm.
- Rodriguez has work in a juried exhibition (title TBA) at the Boston Convention Marketing Center. The exhibition runs May 17 - September 28, with an opening on June 13 from 6pm-8pm. Rodriguez also has work in the exhibition 13WOMEN at 13FOREST Gallery. The exhibition runs from March 17 - May 11.
- Skinner has work at the Nave Gallery located at 155 Powderhouse Blvd., Somerville, MA. The exhibit "Secret Garden" runs May 4-June 17, 2018. The opening reception is Saturday, May 19 from 3-5pm.
- Skinner has work at Still Point Art Gallery - "Still Point X" is featured online through July 31, 2018. The exhibit will be highlighted in the summer 2018 issue of Still Points Arts Quarterly. Skinner received an award for "Distinctive Interpretation of the Theme" for her photograph "Kitchen."