Artist News | June 2018
CORE ARTIST NEWS
- Craig has work in "Secret Gardens" at Nave Gallery, 155 Powderhouse Blvd., Somerville, MA . The exhibition runs May 4 - June 17, 2018 with a reception Saturday, May 19 from 3:00-5:00 pm.
- Flis has graphite and gouache drawings in "Three Draw" at Gallery 175, 175 Main Street, Pawtucket RI. The exhibition runs from May 6 to June 29, 2018. Drawing is often a tool used by artists to sketch or explore ideas that lead to finished works of art in another medium. But the drawings of Mary Dondero, Tatiana Flis, and Kendra Ferreira are developed as finished works of art that stand on their own. Joan Hausrath, who curated the exhibit, selected the trio of artists based on their unique ways of working both technically and thematically.
- Fontinha has work in "Three" at the Attleboro Arts Museum located at 86 Park Street, Attleboro, MA. The exhibition runs June 14- July 13, 2018 with an opening reception on Thursday, June 14th from 7-9pm.
- Loomis will have approximately 10 oil paintings on exhibit at Cambridge Common, located at 1667 Mass. Ave, Cambridge in Cambridge, MA from June 27-August 8, 2018. This exhibit will primarily feature new paintings.
- Loomis will also have one oil painting included in Arts Worcester annual member exhibit, The Sixth Annual One, in their Aurora Gallery located at 660 Main Street, Worcester, MA from June 16 - July 15, 2018.
- Moskowitz has work in the 2018 National Prize Show at the Cambridge Art Association in Cambridge, MA. The exhibition runs from May 17 until June 23, with an opening reception on Wednesday, May 16, 6-8pm.
- Osterman has work in "Three" at the Attleboro Arts Museum located at 86 Park Street, Attleboro, MA. The exhibition runs June 14- July 13, 2018 with an opening reception on Thursday, June 14th from 7-9pm.
- Osterman has work in Maude Morgan Arts Group Show at the Freepoint Hotel, 220 Alewife Brook Pky, Cambridge, MA. The exhibition runs April 5 - June 30. https://lnkd.in/gMM_UzA
- Rodriguez will be featured in the pop-up exhibition & panel discussion "Thank You Kindly" presented by The CreateWell Fund at Makeshift Boston Sun, Jun. 10, 11am-1pm.
- Rodriguez is invited to participate in a curated round of “Art on the Marquee“, a public art project of Boston Cyberarts and the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority. “Art on the Marquee: Round 25” pairs a traditional fine artist with a digital/new media artist to collaboratively create a new work for the marquee on display June 29th - late September. Opening Reception: Fri, Jun. 29, 6pm-8pm.
- Rodriguez has work in “How Nature Instructs Us“ at Suffolk University Gallery curated by Deborah Davidson from June 7 – July 6, 2018. Opening Reception: Thu, Jun. 7, 5:30pm-7:30pm.
- Rodriguez also has work in “Environmental Textures” a juried exhibition by the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority Art Program. Exhibition will take place at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center from June 9 – September 28, 2018 Opening Reception: Wed, Jun. 13, 6pm – 8pm.
- Rodriguez has work in Punch Projects “Barnstorm 2018“, an international exhibition featuring contemporary art & new media used to activate rural spaces in unexpected ways, juried by Ginger Ewing. Exhibition will take place at the Bluestone Academy located at 2nd Ave & Pine Street in Ellensberg, Washington from June 1 – June 30, 2018 with an opening reception on Fri, Jun. 1, 7pm-11pm.
- Skinner has work in "Three" at the Attleboro Arts Museum located at 86 Park Street, Attleboro, MA. The exhibition runs June 14- July 13, 2018 with an opening reception on Thursday, June 14th from 7-9pm.
- Skinner also has work in the "National Competition" at the Soho Photo Gallery located at 15 White Street, New York, NY. The exhibition runs July 5-July 21, 2018 with an opening reception on Thursday, July 5 from 6-8pm.
- Skinner has work at Still Point Art Gallery - "Still Point X" is featured online through July 31, 2018. The exhibit will be highlighted in the summer 2018 issue of Still Points Arts Quarterly. Skinner received an award for "Distinctive Interpretation of the Theme" with the attached image.
- Vander Sluis will show her fiber sculpture, “Ceremonial Torso,” in the Arts Worcester annual member exhibit, The Sixth Annual One. The exhibition is in the Aurora Gallery located at 660 Main Street, Worcester, MA and runs June 15 - July 15, 2018. Opening reception is June 15 from 6-9pm.