Artist News | August 2018
CORE ARTIST NEWS
Cirioni has work in "New England Collective IX" at Galatea Fine Art, 460B Harrison Ave., Boston, MA. The exhibit runs August 1- September 2 with an opening reception on August 3, 6:00-8:00pm. www.galateafineart.com
- Flis has work in "8 Visions" at Attleboro Arts Museum in Attleboro, MA. The exhibition runs August 1–30, 2018. An artist talk and opening reception will be held on Wednesday, August 1. The artist talk will begin at 6:30pm and the opening reception will run from 8:00–9:00pm.
- Flis' work is featured in the July/August issue of ArtScope magazine. The article titled "Eight Visions: Visceral Views At Attleboro Arts" written by Brian Goslow takes you through the multi-stage jurying process of the exhibition and highlights each of the 8 exhibiting artists.
- Flis has work in "Entangle" at Kingston Gallery in Boston, MA, through August 12, 2018. An artist reception will be held on Friday, August 3 from 5:30-8:00pm.
- Flis' piece titled "First-time Home Buyers," currently on view at Kingston Gallery through August 12, was reviewed by Jacob Cutler on the ArtsScope visual arts online magazine. The review titled "Ten Kingston Associates: Entangled At Kingston Gallery" was released on July 25, 2018.
- Loomis will have approximately 10 oil paintings on exhibit at Cambridge Common, located at 1667 Mass. Ave, Cambridge in Cambridge, MA from June 27-August 8, 2018. This exhibit will primarily feature new paintings.
- Marley will be exhibiting encaustic painting “No Longer Holds” at The Coral Springs Museum in Coral Springs, Florida, as part of the “Daydreaming” show with The National Association of Women Artists. The exhibition dates are September 29th through November 17th 2018.
- Rodriguez was awarded an Opportunity Fund grant from the Boston Cultural Council in the Mayor's Office of Arts and Culture to support her project while on an Earthwatch Fellowship at the Churchill Northern Studies Centre in Manitoba.
- Rodriguez has work in “Environmental Textures” a juried exhibition by the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority Art Program. Exhibition will take place at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center from June 9 – September 28, 2018.
- Rodriguez has a solo show entitled "Wish You Were Here: Greetings from the Galápagos" at The Boston Children's Museum, 308 Congress Street, Boston MA. The exhibition runs June 22 - September 29, 2018.
- Rodriguez also has a public art video installation entitled "Vanishing Points" created in collaboration with painter Ashley Billingsley in Art on the Marquee: Round 25 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center at 415 Summer Street in Boston, MA. The exhibition runs from June 29 - September 2018.
- Skinner has work in the "Fourth Annual Group Show" at the Davis Orton Gallery located at 114 Warren Street, Hudson, NY. The exhibition runs July 14 - August 12, 2018.
- Skinner has work in the "New England Collective IX" at the Galatea Fine Art, 460B Harrison Ave, Boston MA. The exhibition runs August 1- September 2, 2018 with an opening reception on Friday, August 3 from 6:00-8:00pm. www.galateafineart.com
- Wise is teaching two painting workshops in August, 2018.
- Introduction to Impressionist Full Color Painting is being offered at Fletcher Fram School for the Arts and Crafts in Ludlow, VT from Monday, August 6 to Friday, August 10, 2018. Information and registration: https://www.fletcherfarm.org/classes/fine_arts/A11.html.
- An Introduction to Impressionist Painting in Oils & Acrylics is being offered at Tower Hill Botanic Garden in Boylston, MA from Saturday, August 18 to Sunday, August 19, 2018. Information & registration: https://towerhillbg.thankyou4caring.org/pages/event-registration-form---an-introduction-to-impressionist-painting-in-oils-and-acrylics.
ASSOCIATE ARTIST NEWS
- Paola Bidinelli has work on view at the Coldwell Banker residential Brokerage, 1730 Mass Ave, Cambridge – Open Mon-Fri, 10am-5pm, on view through August 31.
- Paola Bidinelli has work on view at the University Place Gallery – Still Life: Captured moments, on view through August 31, 124 Mt.Auburn Street, Cambridge.
- Paola Bidinelli has work on view at the Art Freepoint Hotel, Opening Reception 7/25-7-9pm at 220 Alewife Brook Parkway, Cambridge. On view July 12-October 10, 2018.
- Paola Bidinelli has just released her fall exhibition schedule. You will be able to view her work throughout the fall at the following locations: BGA Belmont Gallery of Arts, Rhythm and Hues, A Music Inspired Art Exhibit Sept.7 – Oct.12, 2018, Opening Reception Fri, Sept 7, 19 Moore Street, Belmont; 2018 Mary Schein Fall Salon, on view Sept.7-22, 2018 at University Place Gallery (124 Mt.Auburn Street, Cambridge) & Kathryn Schultz Gallery (25 Lowell Street, Cambridge); Work selected for 2018 Alfred Lambourne Prize Gallery Opening reception Fri.Sept.7 from 6-8pm, Sorenson Unity Center, 1383 South 900 West, Salt Lake City, UT; Sivers Cultural House and Gallery, Orlando, FL, Solo Exhibition, on view through October 2018; and the Art and Words Gallery, Cesena, Italy, Solo Exhibition, on view through December 2018.
- Patty deGrandpre's pieces "Broken Television 29" and "Brothers and Sisters" were featured in Art In Print in their "News of the Print World” in the May-June & July-August editions.
- Nan Hass Feldman is exhibiting paintings at Left Bank Gallery in Orleans and Wellfleet, MA. Preview the exhibit at https://www.leftbankgallery.com/collections/nan-hass-feldman
- Nan Hass Feldman is exhibiting paintings at Islesford Dock Gallery on Little Cranberry Island, Maine. Preview the exhibit at https://www.islesforddock.com/#gallery-section
- Nan Hass Feldman is teaching workshops this fall at two locations: Museum of Fine Arts, Boston titled Painting a Series will be held Thursdays from September 20–December 13 and will be split into two sessions. Painting with Oil Sticks, first session, that will be held on Thursdays from September 20–October 25, 2018 and the second session of Painting with Oil Sticks that will be held on Thursdays from November 1–December 13, 2018; Worcester Art Museum titled Creating a Series that will be held on Monday's from September 24-November 12, 2018.
- Plunkett was featured by the Boston Voyager Magazine: http://bostonvoyager.com/interview/meet-chris-plunkett/
- Plunkett has work on view at the gallery at The Strand Theatre, 543 Columbia Road, Dorchester, from June 4 - August 4, 2018.
- Plunkett's "Urban Landscape Series," on view at The Strand Theatre through August 4th, was featured by The Dorchester Reporter: https://www.dotnews.com/2018/his-goal-capture-beauty-everyday