FIRST FRIDAY RECEPTION SET-UP
The gallery staff member working the 3-6pm shift on First Friday is responsible for reception set-up, and should have everything ready by 5PM. Exhibiting artists should plan to arrive by 5, as some other galleries begin their events at 5.
- Ice (1 large bag)
- 1 lemon
- Flowers (optional)
- Wine- optional, up to the artists (artists supply). If you choose to serve wine, keep it behind the desk, offer to friends and collectors. Estimate 6 bottles of wine or several cases of beer. A core member will be on staff to pour (1st Friday receptions only; for other events artist must provide)
- Folding tables and trash cans - in storage closet
- Tablecloths - in the filing cabinet in the storage area
- Clear plexi ice bucket and water dispenser- on top of the metal cabinet
- Platters and bowls- in storage closet
- San Pellegrino sparkling water and still water (gallons) with lemon- in metal cabinet and fridge
- Napkins, cups, silverware, trash bags - in drawers below the microwave and in metal cabinet
- Small snack food- mixed nuts, mints (holiday), tiny crackers, Hershey kisses (February), etc. - in metal cabinet
- Coat rack (folding) and hangers- in the storage closet
- Set up 6-ft table in the main gallery in an good location. If a separate Annex show is also having a reception, set up 4-ft. table in Annex area
- Put black tablecloth on table(s).
- Place a metal trash can beside each table. Put a large trash bag (in supply closet) inside the can(s).
- Set up the water dispenser with water, ice, sliced lemon. Leave cups out
- Put the ice bucket on the table; fill with ice and bottles of San Pellegrino. Leave cups out.
- Place snack nibbles in platters on tables. Put napkins out.
- Keep wine discretely available; someone must be there to pour.
- If weather requires it, set up the folding coatrack (in the storage closet) for guests.
- Play background music.
- Refill water, snacks, paper goods as needed throughout the evening.
Enjoy the party!
YOUR JOB AS THE ARTIST IS TO WELCOME AND ENGAGE WITH VISITORS, TALK UP THE SHOW!
- Pack up leftover food. Ziploc bags are in the metal supply closet.
- Empty water and ice into slop sink in the janitor's closet near the bathrooms. (fob will unlock the door)
- Put away tables, trash cans, coat rack, etc.
- Fold tablecloths, put back in file cabinet. If they're dirty, take them home to wash, return before next event.
- Take trash and recycling to the dumpsters.
- Bring in the sandwich sign; lock up as usual.