Artist Resources –
We're continually looking for more and updated info to add to this resource guide. If you have a resource you'd like to add to this list, please email Marie to add to this list.
- Writing An Artist Statement- Your Voice- workshop notes from Anita Loomis
- Developing your Artist Statement and Bio from Maryland College of Art
- Finding and Delivering your Message by Jessica Burko (workshop notes, compiled by Susan Emmerson)
- ResArtis directory
- The MacDowell Colony
- Creative Capital blog
- Alliance for Artists Communities
- ArtBusiness.com- How to apply for Residencies
- http://www.Jerrysartarama.com Online and brick and mortar stores. Sells gold leaf.
- http://www.dickblick.com Online and mortar stores
- https://www.utrechtart.com/ Owned by Dickblick
Pricing your Work:
- http://www.doityourselflettering.com (vinyl window lettering)
- Frameware Inc. Frame supplies, mounting and hanging hardware, etc. etc.
- Framedestination.com Frames, mounting board, gallery-pouch bags, more...
- FrankenFrames.com floater frames, more...
Redimat charges a lot for shipping but years ago when I shopped around they still worked out cheaper than other places including amazon.
- Postal Center in Milford Freight quote, shipping, packing, etc...
- Custom Shipping Crates from Panopticon Imaging
Art Scanning Services:
- https://collinsartworks.com/ Collins Artworks of Clinton, MA (Anita is trying these services)
Accepting Credit Cards – Smartphone or PC
Web Hosting: Free
https://nesop.edu/find-a-photographer/ This is the New England School of Photography’s website. From the website you can enter your project information and request photographer services. Consider hiring a student – they get experience and you can get a break on the cost.
Links to Organizations offering a variety of information and resources:
MassMOCA project / Assets for Artists - https://www.assetsforartists.org/resources/
Mass.gov creative economy resources - http://www.mass.gov/hed/economic/industries/creative/resources.html
Arts & Business Council of Greater Boston - https://artsandbusinesscouncil.org/for-artists/
Americans for the Arts / Massachusetts - https://www.americansforthearts.org/by-location/massachusetts
Mass Artists Leaders Coalition (MALC) - http://www.artistsunderthedome.org/
NEFA: New England Foundation for the Arts announces arts jobs, three new funding opportunities as part of the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA).
MASSCreative works with creative leaders, working artists, arts educators and arts and cultural supporters to empower creative organizations with resources to build vibrant, connected, and creative communities. http://www.mass-creative.org/
Maps of Boston area art galleries are provided on the Boston Art Dealers website at http://www.bostonart.com/